Wednesday, August 20, 2008

CHATEAU SAINT-CHRISTOLY - CABERNET SAUVIGNON

Vintage: 2003
Price Range: $22
Producer: Chateau Saint Christoly
Region & Country: Saint Christoly de Medoc, France
Grape Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon
Recommended By: N/A

Place & Date Purchased: Eiffel 38, Paris, France - 08/20/2008
Place & Date Tasted: Right across the street was the Eiffel Tower - 08/21/2008
Dinner: Duck patte, steak and pieces of Ray's blue cheese crumbles
Special Note: I had crazy dreams where I was dizzy and seeing all kinds of colors. When I woke up the next morning, I was so dizzy. Every time I would turn in bed, the room would spin. I think the blue cheese may have been psychedelic blue cheese.

Appearance: Burgundy
Nose: Light, but not much of a fruit scent
Taste: Sweet, but also slightly bitter
Finish: Dry with very bitter aftertaste.
Overall Impression: I have had so much better. Being that this was my first wine to drink in France, I expected a little bit more. It was an experience.

Overall Rating
: 80/100
Overall Value: *** / 5 Stars

No comments: