Wednesday, February 4, 2009

TOSCOLO - CHIANTI

Vintage: 2006
Price Range: $10
Producer: Neil Empson Selections
Region & Country: Milan, Italy
Grape Variety: Chianti
Recommended By: N/A

Place & Date Purchased: WineStyles, Evanston, IL - 12/05/2008
Place & Date Tasted: Home - 02/04/2009
Dinner: I'm not proud, but I will admit that I had Taco Bell. Nachos, Burrito, Quesadilla, etc.

Appearance: Deep cherry red; full-bodied
Nose: Earthy tones, berries with a sweet scent
Taste: Little bitter, acidic and a little lemony
Finish: Slightly dry with tart aftertaste
Overall Impression: There's only so much of a dry and acidic wine I can take. It wasn't so bad, but after a couple of glasses I felt as if I had been eating a sweet tart. I'm sure this Chianti would be excellent in a red wine vinaigrette or maybe for cooking. ** One day later, it tastes better than last night, but still has that dry after taste.

Overall Rating: 84/100
Overall Value: *** / 5 Stars

No comments: