Thursday, June 25, 2009

LES JAMELLES - CHARDONNAY

Greetings. I don't know about you, but when someone dies that is usually a big star, I usually want to have a toast to their memories. Today, Farrah Fawcett & Michael Jackson both passed away. I wish when I was toasting them that I had picked out a better wine...

Vintage
: 2006
Price Range: $12
Producer: Les Jamelles Winery
Region & Country: Marseillette, France
Grape Variety: Chardonnay
Recommended By: N/A

Place & Date Purchased: WineStyles, Evanston, IL - 5/9/2009
Place & Date Tasted: Home - 6/25/2009

Appearance: Light, but bright yellow; clean and medium-bodied
Nose: Bananas, over-ripened melons, tart perfume scent
Taste: Slight banana, almost like the banana flavored Runts candy; average - nothing really stands out
Finish: Warm, lingers; aftertaste is ashy and not so good
Overall Impression: Not impressed at all. :( There was this overpowering banana in everything. It's a little overwhelming, but I guess perfect if you are a huge fan of bananas.

Overall Rating: 76/100
Overall Value: ** / 5 Stars

No comments: