Sunday, July 19, 2009

BULLY HILL - SEYVAL BLANC

Vintage: N/A
Price Range: $9
Producer: Bully Hill Vineyards
Region & Country: Hammondsport, NY, USA
Grape Variety: Seyval Blanc
Recommended By: A gift from Erika & Larry Swain

Place & Date Purchased: The Swain's Home, Chicago, IL - 11/24/2008
Place & Date Tasted: Home - 7/19/2009
Dinner: Ropa Vija Sandwich (extremely spicy...I thought I was going to die.)

Appearance: Bright, pale yellow; light-bodied
Nose: Light & sweet; apple, pears and honey
Taste: Sweet, creamy and light honey taste; fair green apple
Finish: Lingers slightly with a good sweetness
Overall Impression: Yum Yum very good! When you look at the bottle, it describes it as a dry wine. I really didn't think it was as dry as the "meter" on the bottle said. I do believe this would be a better stand-alone wine. Once I finished that sandwich and got the burn out of my mouth, the wine was so much better. I love that the texture is creamy and smooth! It was a wonderful simple wine.

Overall Rating
: 95/100
Overall Value: **** / 5 Stars

No comments: